Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin
For Sons or Daughters of Members of
Local 400 Plumbers and Steamfitters
⬩ RULES ⬩
1. Eligible applicants are sons or daughters of Local 400 members in good standing, who have not won previously.
2. Applicants must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or better to be eligible to apply.
3. Selection is competitive and will be based on:
A. Academic standing of student over the most current three years, or 6 semesters
B. College entrance examination scores
C. Extracurricular activities and leadership
D. Character reference and other pertinent factors
4. Award winner may attend any accredited college or university of their choice in the United States, and may choose any course of study, but must be enrolled in a full-time program, and maintain a full credit schedule.
5. Scholarship will be awarded for one year only, and an individual can only win once.
6. The award will be made payable to the selected scholarship winner, or to the accredited college or university of his or her choice after having been accepted for admission.
7. Applicants shall submit a complete application within the specified deadline to be considered for this scholarship. A transcript of the applicant’s grades from the previous 3 years of schooling (covering six full semesters) must accompany the completed application.
8. A one-page essay stating the applicant’s past accomplishments, education, and career goals in their field of study must be submitted as part of the application packet. This may include community outreach, mentoring, clubs, student activities, or other ways of giving back to the community.
9. Applications are to be submitted on forms provided by the Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin Industry Fund, Inc. These forms are available from the employer, the union, or the Association office.
10. An independent Judge from an outside source will select a scholarship winner and a runner up.
Instructions to Applicants for College Scholarship Awarded by Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin Industry Fund, Inc.
1. The application form and all supporting documents must be completed and received in the Association Office or postmarked no later than November 1, 2022. The mailing address is:
MCA of North Central WI Industry Fund, Inc., 3315 N. Ballard Rd., Ste. D, Appleton, WI 54911
Alternatively, you may scan and email your application to email@example.com. The email attachments must be in a (legible) PDF format. In the subject line, please type: MCANC-IF Scholarship Submission – (Your Name).
2. Once you have completed the application, please recheck to make sure you have answered all the questions completely.
3. To be eligible for this scholarship, the following documents must be included in your submission:
A. Application Form
B. Transcript of your most current grades for six full semesters
C. Your college entrance examination scores
D. Letter of Recommendation from the principal of your high school, a faculty member, or academic advisor
E. A one-page essay of your education, career goals, and ambitions
4. An independent Judge from the Wisconsin college system will make all decisions regarding the winner.
Please contact the Association Office at (920) 734-3148 with any questions regarding this scholarship application.
Click here to complete the application online.
United Association Scholarship
UA Scholarship Fund Information
Scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000 each. Information is available on UANet.org in early February of each year and applications are due back to the UA by mid-June.
Each application includes detailed instructions on everything a student needs to do in order to apply. Completed applications, including all required documentation, should be sent to:
Patrick H. Kellett
UA General Secretary-Treasurer
UA Scholarship Trust Fund Office
Three Park Place
Annapolis, MD 21401
Wisconsin Labor History Society Essay Contest for High School Students
Click this link to read how WI high school students could win up to $500.00 in cash for writing an essay about their family’s labor history – Essay Flier