Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin
For Sons or Daughters of Members of
Local 400 Plumbers and Steamfitters
⬩ RULES ⬩
1. Eligible applicants are sons or daughters of Local 400 members in good standing, who have not won previously.
2. Applicants must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or better to be eligible to apply.
3. To be eligible for this scholarship, the following documents must be included in your submission:
A. Application Form
B. Transcript of your most current grades for six full semesters
C. Letter of Recommendation from the principal of your high school, a faculty member, or academic advisor
4. Selection is competitive and will be based on:
A. Academic standing of student
B. Extracurricular activities and leadership
C. Character reference
D. Contents of one-page essay
5. Scholarship will be awarded for one year only, and an individual can only win once.
6. The award will be made payable to the selected scholarship winner, or to the accredited college or university of his or her choice after having been accepted for admission.
7. Award winner may attend any accredited college or university of their choice in the United States, and may choose any course of study, but must be enrolled in a full-time program, and maintain a full credit schedule
10. An independent Judge from an outside source will select a scholarship winner and a runner up.
The application form and all supporting documents must be completed and received in the Association Office no later than November 1, 2023.
Please contact the Association Office at (920) 734-3148 with any questions regarding this scholarship application.
Click here to complete the application form.
United Association Scholarship
UA Scholarship Fund Information
Scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000 each. Information is available on UANet.org in early February of each year and applications are due back to the UA by mid-June.
Each application includes detailed instructions on everything a student needs to do in order to apply. Completed applications, including all required documentation, should be sent to:
Patrick H. Kellett
UA General Secretary-Treasurer
UA Scholarship Trust Fund Office
Three Park Place
Annapolis, MD 21401
Wisconsin Labor History Society Essay Contest for High School Students
Click this link to read how WI high school students could win up to $500.00 in cash for writing an essay about their family’s labor history – Essay Flier