Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin
The Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin Industry Fund is again offering a scholarship program, which will provide two $2,000 scholarships for sons and daughters of members of Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 400. The application packet (a fillable PDF) is attached for you to distribute to any interested Local 400 employees. They may also contact our office for additional copies. The deadline for submission of the application is November 15, 2020.
This is another example of the Industry Fund working to improve the industry we work in!
If you have questions regarding the following information, please contact Kelly at the Association office:
Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin, Inc.
3315 N. Ballard Road, Suite D
Appleton, WI 54911-8988
(920) 734-6754 Fax
- Eligible applicants are those who are sons or daughters of members in good standing of Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 400, and who have not won previously.
- Applicants must rank in the upper one-half of their graduating class to be eligible to apply.
- Selection is competitive and will be based on:
- Academic standing of student during four years in high school.
- College entrance examination scores.
- Extra Curricular activities and leadership.
- Character reference and other pertinent factors.
- Awardee may attend any accredited college or university of own choice in the United States and may choose any course of study, but must be enrolled in a full-time program and maintain a full credit hours schedule.
- Scholarship will be awarded for one year only, and an individual can only win once.
- The award will be made payable to the selected applicant, or deposited with the college or university of his or her choice after having been accepted for admission.
- Applicants shall submit a complete application within the specified deadlines to receive consideration for scholarship and must include a transcript of high school grades (covering six full semesters) must accompany the completed application.
- A one-page explanation covering his or her career plans and goals is to be submitted with the student’s application form.
- Applications are to be submitted on forms provided by the Mechanical Contractors Association of North Central Wisconsin Industry Fund, Inc. These forms will be sent on request from the employer or the Association office.
- In judging scholarship applications, the Awards Committee shall select a first and second alternate.
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2020
Application Form is available (See Rule 9) on Student Request from the Employer or the Association Office (920) 734-3148 or download the PDF by Clicking Here.
United Association Scholarship
UA Scholarship Fund Information
Scholarships range from $1,500 to $5,000 each. Information is available on UANet.org in early February of each year and applications are due back to the UA by mid-June.
Each application includes detailed instructions on everything a student needs to do in order to apply. Completed applications, including all required documentation, should be sent to:
Patrick H. Kellett
UA General Secretary-Treasurer
UA Scholarship Trust Fund Office
Three Park Place
Annapolis, MD 21401